No huge visible change yesterday (day #11 , incidentally): the main work was a final skimming of plaster so its ready for painting – or it will be when the plaster has dried out properly.
The main trenches in the floor, for radiator pipework and power to the island unit, have also been filled. The floor will need levelling off with screed to make a seamless single floor between what were two separate rooms, presumably before the units are fitted.
We did have another glitch. Francine noticed that the new central heating controller was off again, yet we still had power to all circuits. I had pulled a fuse to fit a USB charging socket in our bedroom so I wondered if refitting the fuse had caused the problem; damn sensitive it it had been that and I‘d done similar things plenty of times before with no problem on its forerunner.
I left a message for Plumbers Mate, who’d be hanging radiators on the morrow, to let him know. He soon arrived with a smirk on his face. As they had drained the heating system down again after their pipework test, he’d taken power away from the system “so you couldn’t accidentally turn the heating on”.
Egg on face – better than a real glitch.
Today was more interesting in that Plumbers Mate returned to fit our sexy new radiators, the ones you can see through so the walls need painting behind them [That was just for Steve.] We’ve got three of them, one in the hall, one in the kitchen and a slightly narrower one in the dining area. These look so much better than our old conventional radiators that I can see us wanting one in the lounge to match.